Gabe N. (8th): Independent Project





Gabe N. (8th): Independent Project

My art project was a mixture of multiple different album covers consisting of my favorite bands (sum 41, snow patrol, three days grace) to express the visually artistic side of music. I wanted my project to reflect myself, my lifestyle, personality, and thoughts in my everyday life. First, I started to listen to more varieties of music, then picked my favorites then looked up the album pictures, and the bands themselves to see what kind of ego the artists’ give off. I’d also look up the lyrics, then take specific quotes that I thought really caught my attention and make it into visual art. For example, I took the song happiness machine by sum 41, I made the name of the song into graffiti, then placed the lyrics of the songs rearranged around the name. To give it a finishing touch, I drew an oddly deformed skull to the right of the song name, that is rather dark and eerie. The drawing itself sends an ironic message, as the song is called happiness machine the drawing is all black and white, and gives off a dark vibe although the typical way happiness is thought of is the complete opposite. I took multiple songs from different genres and made art out of them,. Like civilian by wye oak, set the fire to the third bar by snow patrol, wolf like me by tv on the radio, happiness machine by sum 41, the kill by thirty seconds to mars, after midnight by blink 182, best of you foo fighters, and down with the sickness by disturbed. I felt like my project was a great success and was one of my favorites

Comments

Popular Posts