Allyah P. (8th grade): Neighborhood Map


Allyah P. (8th grade): Neighborhood Map

For my neighborhood project I decided to draw a deadly skull in a beautiful, peaceful world. I did this because I interpret my neighborhood as “disturbing the peace”. I live in Mattapan and, to me, I find Mattapan as being very dangerous. There is constant death and a lot of drug deals. So inside the skull, I drew two people smoking a blunt because I see it all the time. I drew a girl holding her phone because she is calling someone to get some weed. also, i drew a man shooting someone with a lot of money because people are always killing or jumping others that have better things than them. In the skull’s teeth I drew people and weapons because those are the innocent ones that die by the misuse of guns and knives. Outside the skull, it’s grassy, bright, and nicer-looking because it’s the peaceful world. To color in my project, I used oil pastels because i find those easier to use and are more vibrant colors.

Comments

Popular Posts