Amanda C. (8th): Ghost Town



Amanda C. (8th): Ghost Town

I mapped my neighborhood as a ghost town. The materials I used were yellow, brown, and black pastel crayons. I also used black paint. My process started with making the road going off into the distance, with the black pastel crayon. I drew the lines going in instead of straight because I wanted it to seem like how you look down a road in real life, the view gets smaller and smaller as you look further down the road. The markers on the gray road are bright yellow because it shows my future and opportunity of leaving my boring neighborhood. The tumbleweed was added because it’s in every traditional ghost town. The houses show how I feel distance from my neighbors. The two gray figures show “ghosts” which are how I see my neighbors. I feel like they’re invisible and not always seen. The gray overcast adds to how depressing my neighborhood can be. Lastly I drew the faded welcome sign to show how unwelcoming my neighborhood can be. The ghost town theme represents how empty my neighborhood is because I barely see anyone on the sidewalk or come out their houses. The grey color is the main color I used because it shows how lifeless my neighborhood is.

Comments

Popular Posts