Isabel Z-A (7th grade): Portraits

Isabel Z-A (7th grade): Portraits

Faces inspire me because I see them everyday and I always think, why not make them?  My artwork represents the people who are important to me and the people that I talk to all the time.  I started off just making the head up to the tip of the ribcage of a person, but then I expanded as seen with the portrait of Jessica who is shown with a full body.  I used Sharpies, crayons, and colored pencils to color the face portraits.  My first was a self-portrait, I’m shown glumly because I was suffering a huge headache, but anyways I started off outlining my face and all the other details, when I was done I traced my face with a Sharpie, and then I colored my face and skin color with pink, brown and peach, and the rest of me with different colored pencils.  I think that self-portraits and other face portraits capture the feelings people are feeling all the time.  
 

Comments

  1. What a great artist statement, Isabel. I can even see Jessica's ombre hair color at the bottom! I am wondering who the other two people are in the portraits. Let me know :)

    -Ms. Recker

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts