Starr M. (8th grade): Bakery

Starr M. (8th grade): Bakery

My project this trimester was a Starbucks-style bakery.  I was originally doing a cupcake project and that idea adapted into a bakery/coffee shop.  I made this project because I wanted to go outside my comfort zone and do something large-scale, but detailed.  First, I created the baked goods out of Sculpey.  I used needles and knives to shape and carve the Sculpey.  I made a variety of cookies, tarts, cupcakes, and doughnuts.  Next, I created a structure to hold the goods. I used a strong cardboard to make a back wall and the same to make shelves.  Also, I created olive-paint outlined trays to plate the treats.  Next, I created a table and chair set.  I printed a cardstock mosaic to cover the table and cash register.  I made the register and table by pinning cardboard together.  Finally, I hot glued the whole project together and finished.  For me, this project is all about detail, proving what an impact detail can make.  And that is my project.




Comments

  1. Oh my gosh- these cupcakes look good enough to eat! I love the detail (like you said) especially on the whoopie pies and the green icing cupcakes. what a cool idea. You must have had to spend a ton of time in Starbucks to be able to put this much detail into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Starr. This must have been a lot of work. Now can you bring in some real cookies and donuts for the class?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts