Maeve J-S (7th): The Human Face


Maeve J-S (7th): The Human Face

Purpose: My purpose was to make a human shaped head collage making the eyes first, then the nose, the mouth, and the ears, so on. At the beginning of the year, I was thinking of doing portraits of people instead. But my project seemed to go another direction. I was drawing eyes too much, so I thought, “ I should just make different parts of the face.” So I did.
Process: One. I made the eyes. As you can see, I made one eye first, the right eye, and then the left eye second. I taped the eyes together, and they (to me) looked like real human eyes.
Two. I made the nose. The nose was more complicated, but with the help of Ms. Tetrault and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Drawing I managed to get the nose near to perfection.
Three. Then I moved on to the lips. They were pretty easy, so I only had one draft of them. (Notice that everything so far is just gray. I didn’t color them in, so I did them only in pencil, and nothing else.)
Four. I moved on to the ears. It was very hard to me, with all of the little details, especially the left ear, but I did both of the ears.
Five. I give the art project to you. You grade it and hand me an earned grade.

Comments

  1. I definitely think that the eyes are the most striking part of your project. I would imagine the nose and ears are more difficult - your right ear almost looks like a hearing aid that someone might wear :) My mom gets freaked out by looking at eyes all by themselves, so I think she wouldn't be able to handle this one - haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts