Maia M. (6th grade)

Maia M. (6th grade): object in hand sketchings

I’d always thought pencil sketchings looked really cool. I was flipping through ‘Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain’ and stopped at drawing your hand holding something. I got up, asked for a Graphite Sketching Set, and tried it out with a fake peach. It worked pretty well but looked too plain. It definitely needed some depth. I tried another sketch, but with a flower. I added shading with a 2B, 4B, and 4B pencil. It looked a lot better, but was still missing something. This time, I tried a carrot. I used an HB pencil for the outline (like always) and the linear drawing. I left out the shading, but that was wrong. I started using both lines and shading with my media, pencil. Pencil sketching is definitely a practice, not a perfect.


Comments

Popular Posts