Anabelies F. (8th): Marilyn Monroe



Anabelies F. (8th): Marilyn Monroe

It took me a lot of hard work, dedication, frustration, and determination to make my drawing of Marilyn Monroe. What inspired to draw her was that she was my idol. She had many struggles in her life, but yet made herself feel better with just a smile. Her childhood isn’t as great as other celebrities, and neither was her reputation in the fame life. But that wasn’t important what mattered was her positive attitude towards everyone, and her imperfection beauty. She didn’t have the perfect face, nor the perfect skin complexion, or the perfect hair do-s. The only perfect thing about her was her Body type, she had curves. That’s about all. But in order to draw her I had a hard time, because I wasn’t capable to use the grid. It was my first time, and I felt like I was going to fail at my drawing. But after HOURS and HOURS of working on the grid and getting the perfect shape of her face, hair, and chest, I was successful and all was left was the shading to make her come alive. I used pencil to draw her and shade her, but with her signature, that she has in the front and the back of her I used sharpie and transparency paper. I used silver duct tape, in the border of the picture, so the picture can be able to pop out a lot more. I feel like I worked my hardest on this drawing and I’m very proud of it.

Comments

Popular Posts